Borderlands 3 has had rave critiques since 2019. But, some gamers have additionally reported technical points with that sport. Some Epic Video games and Stream customers have mentioned Borderlands 3 doesn’t launch or crashes on the startup once they attempt to play it.
Borderlands 3 can throw up varied error messages when it doesn’t begin. Generally it won’t launch with out displaying any type of error message. These are some basic potential fixes that may feasibly repair quite a lot of Borderlands 3 launch points in Home windows 11/10.
1. Configure Borderlands 3 to Run With Admin Permissions
Home windows video games can typically fail to start out as a result of they don’t have entry to extra restricted system areas. So, make certain Borderlands 3 has full system entry.
To take action, you’ll must set Borderlands 3 to all the time begin with administrative rights like this:
- To deliver up Home windows’ folder administration app, right-click your Begin button and choose File Explorer.
- Open your Borderlands 3 set up folder inside Explorer.
- Proper-click the Borderlands 3.exe (software) file and choose a Properties possibility from the sport’s context menu.
- Click on Compatibility on the prime of Borderlands 3’s properties window.
- Be sure you’ve received the Run this program as administrator checkbox chosen for Borderlands 3.
- Click on Apply to save lots of the newly chosen compatibility settings after which choose OK.
Repeat these steps to set your Epic Video games or Steam sport shopper software program for launching Borderlands 3 to all the time run with admin rights. In case you have a desktop shortcut to your gaming shopper software program, you possibly can choose Properties from the shortcut’s context menu.
2. Replace Your Recreation Launcher Software program
Some gamers have mentioned that updating their sport launchers can repair Borderlands 3 not beginning. You don’t should reinstall your gaming shopper to replace it. Each Epic Video games Launcher and Steam embrace choices you possibly can choose to manually replace them to their newest variations. These are the three steps for updating Epic Video games Launcher:
- Run your Epic Video games Launcher shopper software program.
- Click on your consumer profile icon in Epic Video games Launcher.
- Then choose Settings on the consumer menu.
- Choose the Restart and Replace possibility if there’s a brand new model out there.
You possibly can equally replace Steam. To take action, click on the Settings menu button on Steam. Then choose Test for Steam shopper updates from the menu.
3. Set the Most popular Graphics API Setting to DirectX 11
DirectX 12 is perhaps highly effective, however it’s additionally extensively reported to generate launch points for Borderlands 3. Gamers have confirmed that setting Borderlands 3 to start out with DirectX 11 as a substitute of 12 can repair the sport not beginning.
If Borderlands 3 doesn’t begin, you possibly can’t change any settings by way of in-game choices. Nonetheless, you possibly can set the graphics API by way of a settings file for that sport as follows:
- Press your taskbar’s File Explorer button (which has a folder library icon).
- Click on This PC on Explorer’s navigation sidebar.
- Then open the DocumentsMy GamesBorderlands 3SavedConfigWindowsNoEditor folder from there.
- Subsequent, click on the GameUserSettings file with the best mouse button and choose Open with.
- Select to open the GameUserSettings file with Notepad.
- Scroll down the configuration file to the PreferredGraphicsAPI setting.
- Erase DX12, after which enter DX11 for the PreferredGraphicsAPI setting.
- Don’t neglect to click on File > Save earlier than closing Notepad.
4. Confirm the Integrity of Borderlands 3’s Information
Verifying is among the most common troubleshooting steps for fixing video games that don’t begin, be it Borderlands 3 or the rest. Most gaming purchasers embrace choices to confirm (or restore) video games. When you choose to confirm a sport, you’re initiating a scan verify for it that can restore corrupted or lacking information. That is how one can confirm Borderlands 3 inside Epic Video games Launcher:
- Launch Epic Video games.
- Choose Library on the navigation bar in Epic Video games Launcher.
- Click on the ellipses button that’s simply beneath Borderlands 3.
- Choose Confirm to provoke the verification.
The steps for verifying Borderlands 3 in Steam are slightly completely different. Open your gaming library in Steam, however then right-click Borderlands 3 from there to pick out Properties. Then you possibly can choose the Confirm integrity of sport information possibility on the Native Information tab.
5. Scan and Restore Your System Information
Corrupted system information may also trigger sport launch points. As such, it is a good suggestion to carry out a verification verify for Home windows’ system information.
To do that, you must run a System File Checker scan to repair Borderlands 3 not launching. That is learn how to run an SFC scan from the Command Immediate in Home windows 11/10:
- Deliver up an elevated Command Immediate window with a technique included in our “Open the Command Prompt” information.
- To make sure the SFC scan works, it’s really helpful to enter this command first and press Return:
DISM.exe /On-line /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Then sort on this command:
- Press Return to execute the SFC command.
- Now, look ahead to the System File Checker scan to achieve 100% and present an final result message.
6. Replace Your PC’s Graphics Card Driver
When was the final time you up to date your PC’s graphics card driver? If the reply isn’t (or not less than just a few months again), your PC’s graphics driver might be outdated, which is perhaps why your Borderlands 3 sport isn’t launching. On this case, updating your graphics card’s driver may very well be a possible resolution.
There are not less than three alternative ways you possibly can replace a PC’s graphics card driver. You possibly can replace it manually by downloading the newest driver bundle from NVIDIA, Intel, or AMD web sites. Third-party driver updater instruments additionally embrace choices for mechanically updating drivers. Or you possibly can make the most of AMD or NVIDIA software program instruments, similar to GeForce Expertise.
Try our information on how to update your graphics card drivers for additional particulars.
7. Replace Visible C++ Runtime Elements
In case you see an error message that mentions Visible C++ runtime elements when attempting to launch Borderlands 3, updating runtime elements is a possible decision. Even for those who don’t, it’s really helpful that you just strive updating these elements. You are able to do so by following these steps:
- Open the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribute package webpage inside your browser.
- Click on the X64 (64-bit) obtain hyperlink for the Visible Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022 runtime updater.
- Open up no matter folder the VC_redist.x64.exe file downloaded in Explorer. Then double-click VC_redist.x64.exe to deliver up the Microsoft C++ 2015-2022 window.
- Choose the I agree checkbox after which click on Set up. In case you see a Restore possibility within the Microsoft Visible C++ window, click on that button as a substitute.
- Click on Restart if that device updates runtime elements.
8. Disable Third-Celebration Startup Packages and Companies
You possibly can disable third-party startup software program and providers by setting a clear boot. Configuring a clear boot will each liberate system assets for the sport and may also disable just a few applications or providers that have been conflicting with Borderlands 3. Observe these steps to carry out a clear boot:
- Open System Configuration (MSConfig) with a technique in our information on ways to open MSConfig.
- Uncheck the chosen Load startup gadgets checkbox on the System Configuration device’s Normal tab.
- Click on Companies to entry that System Configuration tab’s choices.
- Ensure that to pick out Cover all Microsoft providers to filter out the extra important ones.
- Then choose the Disable all choice to uncheck the checkboxes for non-essential providers.
- Press the MSConfig utility’s Apply button to save lots of the reconfigured settings.
- Click on OK and Restart (on the dialog field immediate that seems).
- Strive enjoying the Borderlands 3 sport once more after the clear boot.
9. Reinstall Borderlands 3
Lastly, reinstall Borderlands 3 if not one of the above be just right for you. Downloading and putting in a 75 GB sport will seemingly take just a few hours not less than, which makes this decision much less preferable than faster alternate options. Nonetheless, reinstalling Borderlands 3 would possibly repair a corrupted set up. You possibly can reinstall Borderlands 3 in Epic Video games Launcher like this:
- Run your Epic sport shopper software program.
- Choose the Library tab to view your Epic video games assortment.
- Press the ellipsis menu button for Borderlands 3 to view additional choices.
- Click on Uninstall to take away Borderlands 3.
- Then, reinstall Borderlands 3 by clicking it within the Library tab and deciding on the Set up possibility.
Steam customers may also uninstall and reinstall Borderlands 3 in that shopper software program. To take action, right-click Borderlands 3 in your Steam library to pick out Handle > Uninstall. Then you possibly can click on an Set up possibility for the sport to reinstall it.
Take pleasure in Borderlands 3’s Blasting Motion Once more
When you possibly can’t launch Borderlands 3, you’re lacking out on its pulsating blasting motion. The potential Home windows fixes above for Borderlands 3 not launching will in all probability kick-start that sport for a lot of (however not essentially all) gamers. As well as, we additionally advocate gamers strive manually disabling firewalls, antivirus, and overlay software program and replace Home windows 11.