— Seattle tech vet Marcelo Calbucci is heading to Amazon after a 4-year stint as CTO at Whitepages spinout Hiya.
Calbucci is becoming a member of Amazon’s Individuals Expertise Crew. He instructed GeekWire that it’s a brand new group throughout the tech big that’s “working to enhance the worker expertise and make Amazon one of the best employer on the earth.”
Calbucci is a former Microsoft supervisor who co-founded Seattle startup EveryMove. He additionally had transient stints at startup studio Pioneer Sq. Labs and well being startup DoctorLink.
In an electronic mail to staffers at Hiya, which builds caller ID and spam-blocking software program, Calbucci instructed staff that Hiya “has such a brilliant future forward and I can’t wait to see it unfold over the subsequent few years.”
Calbucci is thought for his efforts to impress the Seattle startup neighborhood. He based Seattle 2.0, a neighborhood web site and occasions group that was acquired by GeekWire in 2011.
Different personnel adjustments throughout the Pacific Northwest tech business:
- Teresa Carlson, former president and chief development officer at Splunk, was appointed to Karat’s board of administrators.
- Sherry Johnson, former senior gross sales supervisor at HD Provide, joined Hootsuite as gross sales director in its Atlanta workplace.
- Mike Goonewardene, former chief industrial officer at Sterifre Medical, joined Tend Health as chairman and CEO.
- Fuat Koro, former vp at Bose Company, joined Tectonic Audio Labs as chief government officer.
- Sister Jenna, a religious creator and television character, joined Viome, a wellness firm, as an envoy.
- Lindell Bennett, former director at Amazon, joined Cooler Screens as chief income officer.